Antigua and Barbuda has developed a world class Shipping Registry. In terms of merchant shipping it is ranked No. 2 in the Caribbean, in the top 20 worldwide with respect to gross tonnage and in the top 10 with respect to the number of ships registered.
Roberts & Co services to domestic and international clients in the areas of admiralty and maritime law include:
- Registration of Vessels in International Ships Register (permanent and bareboat registration)
- Registration of local vessels and pleasure yachts
- Registration of Mortgages
- Arrests of Ships
- Salvage related matters
- Legal opinions and other matters relating to Ship Financing
- Advising on aspects of Antigua & Barbuda Merchant Shipping Act
Please contact Roberts & Co for further details.